Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Vista page file not responding to changes?

When I try to change the size of the page file, it will apply and will show the size Ive set it to in the settings, but the page file itself never changes from the 3036mb setting no matter what I do.

I disabled super fetch and I even tried to change it in the registry and even after changing it manually the file magically changes back to original. Have any idea how to change it or what is locking it?

I have 2gb of RAM, so Im trying to change it to use the ram before it uses the page file. Right now its only using 512mb of RAM and even when I run the largest programs I can find I would only need 512mb of page file to hold the excess data, so I want to change it to make the initial size larger.Vista page file not responding to changes?
As far as I know--each program you use to look at documents have a way to change the page size. text size, etc...

I think your computer already uses the Ram, now depending on your Graphics card would determine if you could do what you are trying, not the Ram.

Finally, Vista was created mostly for better Security and Connection. Depending on the Version you have--would of course allow you to do more with it.
  • pets
  • need some legal advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment