Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I change my computer paging file?

I have a computer that keeps telling me that I need to increase the size of the paging file. I try to change it, but really not sure what to put in as far as the size of file I need...but whatever I put in there...and then click %26quot;save%26quot;, it does not save it.



My main complaint is that if I have more than one IE window open, one or more windows will automatically drop off and close down. Apparently, there is not enough paging file size to handle more than one IE window open. If I click on a link...and the site opens another window, it or both may close down unexpectedly. Currently, my paging file size says %26quot;0%26quot;. I can't change it. Anyone out there seen this before....or has an idea what I need to do?



I have scanned.....and there is no virus...and adware and spyware have been removed....and nothing was malicious anyway...How can I change my computer paging file?
Your page file should be 1.5 times the size of the amount of RAM you have. If you have 512 MB of ram, make your page file 768MB.



You may be running out of disk space, which is why it wont let you create a page file. The page file is stored on the hard drive itself. Its possible that you need to free up some room.
  • deleted myspace
  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment