Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What should be the shares of paging file size among the drives?

I have two drives C and D in my pc. The drive C holds windows and programs and I use the drive D for storing data . I want to change the paging file size of the drives to improve my computer檚 performance. The RAM of my pc is 2 gb. How much of the shares of the recommended paging file size (3052mb) will I distribute between the drives C and D? Should I set the initial size and the maximum size of paging file for both drives equal? Would appreaciate help.What should be the shares of paging file size among the drives?
Paging file should Ideally be on a hard disk which doesn't have your OS installed. In case of single Hard Disk, place the paging files on partition D if ur OS is on partition C.



You can give a minimum of 1 GB and max of 4 GB. Though 2 GB ram itself is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment