Thursday, November 18, 2010

How to change the file size of multiple images simultaneously?

Hello Guys %26amp; Gals,



I am in the midst of creating a website for a friend, but due to memory limitations in her hosting package, is there anyway I can reduce the file size for the image?



Also, is there any way I could do multiple images at once? Ex: Take a folder of images and reduce their file size by 50%?



The actual image size for me is irrelevant- I am more concerned about getting the file size from say 500kb to say, 25-75kb.



So again, that's converting a large image file size say (500kb) and changing it to a smaller file size to say (50-75kb)



Quality is also a major concern. I realize I am not 'blowing' up a an image as it would become pixelated, but by shrinking the file size, will the original image lose data making the overall quality bad?



If you could provide programs that could do this- free or not, could you please leave your answers here!



Thanks!

NeilHow to change the file size of multiple images simultaneously?
There are many free websites like Image Optimizer, Web Resizer, Image Resizer, Shrink Pictures to help you create smaller images. These products can also help you convert images between different formats. Some will work in a batch mode.



http://www.squidoo.com/resize

http://www.resizeimage.orgHow to change the file size of multiple images simultaneously?
I don't know of a program that can do them all at once and yes when you convert it to another format it will loose its quality

No comments:

Post a Comment