Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change the file size of a picture?

I have an icon that I want to put on a forum, but its over the kb limit. How do I change that?

note: I don't have photoshop or any of that funstuff on my laptop anymore.How do I change the file size of a picture?
This is a freeware photoshop-like program.

You can either reduce the resolution or just compress harder into jpeg.



http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/How do I change the file size of a picture?
1. Right click on the photo and go to the %26quot;open with%26quot; option and choose %26quot;paint%26quot;



2. In Paint, at the top where it says %26quot;image%26quot; click it then go do the %26quot;resize/skew%26quot; option.



3. you can type in a percentage of how much smaller you want the picture. (make sure you keep both horizontal and vertical percentages the same or your photo will look all messed up)



4. go to %26quot;file%26quot; and click %26quot;save as%26quot; pick a name for you resized picture in the %26quot;file name%26quot; box. Under it it says %26quot;save as type%26quot; you want to select %26quot;JPEG%26quot; this should make you picture a smaller file size.How do I change the file size of a picture?
If you have a Mac, a quick way to create a smaller copy of a picture is to open it in Preview (or other program available) and take a screen shot of it (shift command 4). The screen shot is saved as a jpg or png file, depending on your settings.

PCs can probably do a similar thing, but I can't help you there.



Good luck!How do I change the file size of a picture?
Try this website, i don't have any experience with it but found it with a search.



http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment