Thursday, November 18, 2010

How to change file size of mp3 when buring to disc? I can pick size when I rip, but not when I burn. Help.?

When I rip something from a CD, I can pick the file size or sound quality but I can't when I burn to disc. I want to be able to do this because my car mp3 player only plays 160-whatevers, not 192 or anything else higher. Is there a way to convert a music file prior to burning using windows medie player? Sorry if this is confusing, but it might make sense to someone.How to change file size of mp3 when buring to disc? I can pick size when I rip, but not when I burn. Help.?
The reason why you can change the file size when you rip is because what you are doing is telling the computer how mush data to sample from the CD per second. (Also known as kilobits per second or kbs.) The higher the kbs, the better sound quality. Your car mp3 player plays 160kbs or less (which is great quality. 128kbs is my minimum for ripping.)



You can generally load your mp3s into an audio editing program and save the file at a lower bit rate. Also, if you don't have too many songs, you can always rip again at a lower bit rate. For future reference, change your rip rate to 160kbs or lower.



Hope this helps
  • break up with a nice guy
  • hair braiding
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment