Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I increase my "PAGE FILE SIZE"? What else is there to change? I've upgraded Dell Dimension 2400 to 2GB

I've recently upgraded my RAM from 1GB to 2GB. Originally my Dell Dimension 2400 came from factory with only 128MB. Can you believe it? Now I'm told I need to increase my PAGE FILE SIZE to help take advantage of the increased RAM. I need the most speed from my RAM upgrade, thanks for your answers.How do I increase my %26quot;PAGE FILE SIZE%26quot;? What else is there to change? I%26039;ve upgraded Dell Dimension 2400 to 2GB
right click on my computer

click properties

click on advanced at the top

under %26quot;performance%26quot; click settings

then click advanced at the top there

at the bottom it will say %26quot;virtual memory%26quot; click change and set increase the size.

This is for XP, not 100% how to get there in vistaHow do I increase my %26quot;PAGE FILE SIZE%26quot;? What else is there to change? I%26039;ve upgraded Dell Dimension 2400 to 2GB
Open the Control Panel, (Start %26gt; Control Panel)



Double-click System Properties.



Click the Advanced tab, a new window should open.



Click the Advanced tab in the new windown.



Click the Change button.



Make your changesHow do I increase my %26quot;PAGE FILE SIZE%26quot;? What else is there to change? I%26039;ve upgraded Dell Dimension 2400 to 2GB
I don't know who told you to Increase your Page file size, cause a Page File is Extra Instructions placed on your HardDrive that pretends to be RAM for the sake of easing systems with lower Available RAM. I would Recommend Leaving Windows to Adjust your Page file as it sees fit.





hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment